It’s back again the SilkAir KrisFlyer Redemption Promotion offering 50% off redemptions across various routes in their network.
I’m catching up but the promotion is available until the 16th October (Sunday) and is available for bookings until the 15th November so it’s a pretty short window to redeem in.
Bookings are only available at the cheapest “Saver” level redemption so availability will be more limited.
There’s a pretty wide range of destinations available with a few really popular ones:
- Koh Samui on Economy (Required Miles): 12,500 KrisFlyer miles + SGD 163.30
- Koh Samui on Business (Required Miles): 20,000 KrisFlyer miles + SGD 201.50
- Bali on Economy (Required Miles): 17,500 + SGD 154.60
- Maldives on Economy (Required Miles): 18,500 + SGD 366.30
- Maldives on Business (Required Miles): 35,000 + SGD 402.10
All of the routes an costs in miles can be found here:
For booking you’ll need to go though the usual route in your Singapore Airlines account here:
Generally I’d avoid using KrisFlyer Miles on SilkAir for a couple of reasons.
- You get much better value for long-haul redemptions with KrisFlyer and as SilkAir only flies short-haul you’re not going to get that
- The product and service isn’t up to the Singapore Airlines standard – the business class seats are poor and generally the crew doesn’t have the same level of service that you would expect on Singapore Airlines.
You may be able to get some good value on the really popular routes like Koh Samui which often has very expensive fares for cash fares.
On this promotion I calculate you could get 6.5 cents per mile in Business and 2.9 cents for Economy Class which are decent redemption values. They are certainly much better than the “Pay With KrisFlyer Miles“ option.
For more on what KrisFlyer Miles are worth check out this article:
What do you think of this redemption?