Malaysia Airlines has announced a new promotion giving you the opportunity to cash in your Enrich Miles for Enrich Vouchers that can be used at hotels, dining outlets, fashion and bookstores in Malaysia. We take a look at what’s on offer and whether it’s worth it.
Redeem Enrich Vouchers at Participating Stores
The promotion is available from now until the 31 March 2015 for redemptions of 50RM Enrich Vouchers. There are four stores/malls in the promotion:
- Hotel Majestic – Kuala Lumpur (Dining and SPA)
- FeastVillage at Starhill Gallery – Kuala Lumpur (Dining)
- Lewre Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya (Fashion)
- Borders Malaysia Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Petaling Jaya (Books)
The locations are very limited and really only going to be useful for those in either KL, Petaling Jaya or Putrajaya. For more details check out the promotion site:
What’s the Value of the Enrich Miles for Vouchers?
You can redeem your Enrich Miles for RM50 in blocks of 3,500 Miles. Effectively this means that you are cashing out your miles for 0.014RM per mile which isn’t good value. I generally value Enrich Miles at around the 0.05RM Mark. Check out these posts for more information:
- What is a Malaysia Airlines Enrich Mile Worth?
- Upgrading Using Malaysia Airlines Enrich Miles – The Best Value?
- Earning and Redemptions with MASwings Using Enrich Miles
Why it Might be Worth You Redeeming for Vouchers
Obviously the value of the Enrich miles isn’t great but I can see a couple of reasons why you might consider taking the option:
- You have Enrich Miles Expiring – this would mean you get some value rather than nothing and the vouchers are one of the cheapest redemption options
- You only have a Small Amount of Enrich Miles and are never likely to get enough for a flight redemption – again this is a good use of the miles, but note that this deal is pretty much only for those based in Malaysia
- You are unlikely to be able to fly soon for a redemption – there are times when we can’t fly, because of health, family work or whatever – again at least you are getting some value.
Generally though I would only use them for one of the reasons above.
How to Redeem Vouchers with Malaysia Airlines Enrich
You can redeem the vouchers through their online portal here:
Once in select “Enrich Vouchers” and then input the relevant details for the transaction:
Although sometimes I may sound a little hard on non-flight redemptions there is definitely value in being able to cash out for something else like dining. I’ve had several hotels booked using my Lufthansa Miles and More miles because I haven’t had enough to be able to do anything else with them. I would however really only look at this if you do need to use them up, otherwise think about topping up and using them for something else – check out our previous post on small amounts and expiring miles and again the promotion page:
Are you intending on cashing out? What did you use your Enrich Miles for?