Now I’m a member of loads of loyalty programs and I always end up with the inevitable situation where I have expiring miles or small amounts that I can’t do anything with (usually airlines I don’t fly frequently), so here’s my guide on what to do with Malaysia Airlines Enrich Miles.
I’m only covering Malaysia Enrich Miles here, but I recommend looking at Raffles’s post (A UK frequent flyer blog) which I got inspiration from: “How to use small orphan amounts of miles and points” (although UK focused)
Essentially there are three options you have (1) Spend the small amount or expiring Enrich Miles, or (2) Top-up the amount you have for a decent reward or (3) Extend your Enrich Miles.
Enrich Miles Spending Options:
- Golden Lounge Vouchers for 5,000 at domestic lounges, or from 8,000 at International
- Enrich Vouchers – from 3,500 for RM50 voucher which can be used on in flight shopping or Malaysia Airlines excess baggage payments
- Malaysia Airlines and Firefly redemptions start at 7,500 for one-way tickets 0-500 miles distance.
- Enrich usually has a twice yearly redemption sale – so keep checking these pages for details.
You can check out all of these options on the Malaysia Airlines site here.
Enrich Miles Top-Up Options:
- You can top-up through various hotel schemes including Hilton HHonors, IHG Hotels,
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich has lots of credit card partners that you can top-up your account with check out the website for more information for your country – credit card partners
- You can purchase Enrich miles – but at 50RM for 500 Miles + Admin fee of 40RM I’ve recently done a post on the value of this here.
- You could transfer from a friend or family member For a nominal fee of RM0.040 per Enrich Mile transfer. An administration fee of RM40.0 is applicable for each Enrich Transfer request
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich programme offers the ability to be able to extend miles – Each Enrich Mile costs RM0.020 to extend and an administration fee of RM40.0 for each transaction will be applied. This option is therefore only really worthwhile if you have a large number available. You can find out more about extending here.