This is another is the series of award searches for Malaysia Airlines partners, and this time it’s the SkyTeam partners Air France, Alitalia and KLM.
We’ve been covering a series of these to help you find redemptions Malaysia Airlines and their partners, here’s what we’ve done so far:
- How to Redeem and Search for Award Availability With Malaysia Airlines Enrich Miles
- Finding Virgin Atlantic Award Availability for Partner Awards with Singapore and Malaysia Airlines
Whilst you may not do it often here’s how to search for the SkyTeam partners; Air France, Alitalia and KLM. Flying Blue (the frequent flyer program for Air France and KLM) is the easiest way to search for award availability with all of these partner airlines, so that’s what this guide will cover.
If you’re interested in our other guides for Singapore Airlines then check them out here:
- Singapore Airlines Partner Award Search Using ANA Mileage Club – Star Alliance
- How to Search for Award Availability for Flight Redemptions with Singapore Airlines
Step 1 – Signing Up and Searching
Flying Blue requires you to be a member before it allows you to search for award availability so sign-up using the link below:
You’ll then need to search for award tickets, hre’s the shortcut:
Step 2. Award Details
On the flight information page you can input the flight details – the route you would like, the class of travel as well as the dates that you would like to fly. Try to search for one-way’s and segment by segment it’ll help with the search.
Once complete click “Search”. I’m using Kuala Lumpur to Paris in this example:
Once the search is complete you’ll get a grid of results, with the lowest redemptions showing in Green. If you are looking for a partner redemption ignore anything in Blue.
Select the date that is suitable for you – I actually went for the 23rd September.
Step 5 – Award Redemption Availability – Routes
The Flying Blue search engine is effective at finding partner flights. In my search I received results from Air France, KLM, Garuda, China Southern and Alitalia. For Malaysia Airlines Enrich members you’re only interested in flights with Air France, Alitalia and KLM so ignore the rest.
Anything that shows as “Classic Award” should be bookable, again ignore the rest.
Once you’ve found a suitable flight note down it’s details, as with all these guides I’m recommending that you write down in the following format:
KL from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Charles de Gaulle (CDG) departing at 2310 on 14th July and arriving into Paris on July 15th at 0610 in Business Class
AF 246 from Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) departing at 1955 on 30th July and arriving into Kuala Lumpur on July 31st at 1420 in Business Class
Step 6 – Call the Call Centre
Once you’ve found the flights that you want it’s time to call Malaysia Airlines Enrich to make the booking. As with all these guides we’ve got some tips for you!
- Ensure that you remain calm and relaxed when making the booking as the agent probably hasn’t done one before.
- Give yourself plenty of time to make the booking as it can take a while.
- Have the Flying Blue search engine open when you are on the phone, the seats may have gone or the agent can’t find the seats. So this will give you the option to look for alternative dates.
- You can always hang-up if the agent you got the first time is no good. Just call again and hopefully you’ll do better the next time around.
What Would Booking on Air France/Alitalia/KLM cost in Malaysia Airlines Enrich Miles?
You can find the award chart for Malaysia Airlines partner airlines here:
I haven’t covered the value of these Malaysia Airlines partner redemptions here, so make sure that you are using your Enrich Miles wisely.
Have you ever booked Air France/Alitalia or KLM flight with Malaysia Airlines Enrich, I’m keen to learn how it went – let everyone know!