Malaysia Airlines has quietly launched a new promotion giving you the opportunity to use you Enrich Miles for redemptions at hotels in Malaysia – a non-flight redemption. We take a look at what’s on offer and whether it’s worth it.
Redeem Enrich Vouchers at Participating Hotels
This non-flight promotion is available now until the end of October, but some of the redemptions need to be made before the 30th September – check the individual hotels for details.
The promotion is available from now until the 31 March 2015 for redemptions of 50RM Enrich Vouchers. There are four stores/malls in the promotion:
- Dorsett Grand Subang
- Eastern Pavilion Boutique Resort & Spa Cherating
- G Hotel Kelawai, Penang
- Golden Sands Resort, Penang
- Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
- Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur
- Hotel Equatorial Melaka
- Hotel Equatorial Penang
- Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur
- Shangri-La Putrajaya
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort & Spa (Kota Kinabalu)
- Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa
- The Club Saujana Resort
- The Danna Langkawi
- The Federal Kuala Lumpur
- The Saujana Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Traders Hotel
There’s a pretty good selection of hotels, at a range of different prices and in different locations across Malaysia. I’ve stayed at the Shangri-La’s in Penang and KL and I’d recommend them.
unfortunately that is the main downside is that this promotion is only available in Malaysia itself.
You can redeem your Enrich Miles for vouchers at all of these hotels (note some are only until 30th September and others 31st October) – they are given in 50RM.
What’s the Value of the Enrich Miles for Vouchers?
You can redeem your Enrich Miles for RM50 in blocks of 3,500 Miles. Effectively this means that you are cashing out your miles for 0.014RM per mile which isn’t good value. I generally value Enrich Miles at around the 0.05RM Mark. Check out these posts for more information:
- What is a Malaysia Airlines Enrich Mile Worth?
- Upgrading Using Malaysia Airlines Enrich Miles – The Best Value?
- Earning and Redemptions with MASwings Using Enrich Miles
Why it Might be Worth You Redeeming for Vouchers
Obviously the value of the Enrich miles isn’t great but I can see a couple of reasons why you might consider taking the option:
- You have Enrich Miles Expiring – this would mean you get some value rather than nothing and the vouchers are one of the cheapest redemption options
- You only have a Small Amount of Enrich Miles and are never likely to get enough for a flight redemption – again this is a good use of the miles, but note that this deal is pretty much only for those based in Malaysia
- You are unlikely to be able to fly soon for a redemption – there are times when we can’t fly, because of health, family work or whatever – again at least you are getting some value.
Generally though I would only use them for one of the reasons above.
How to Redeem Vouchers with Malaysia Airlines Enrich
You can redeem the vouchers through their online portal here:
Once in select “Enrich Vouchers” and then input the relevant details for the transaction:
Although sometimes I may sound a little hard on non-flight redemptions there is definitely value in being able to cash out for something else like dining or in the case redemptions at hotels.
I’ve had several hotels booked using my Lufthansa Miles and More miles because I haven’t had enough to be able to do anything else with them. I would however really only look at this if you do need to use them up, otherwise think about topping up and using them for something else – check out our previous post on small amounts and expiring miles and again the promotion page:
Are you intending on cashing out? What did you use your Enrich Miles for?