Kaligo the hotel booking site have a new promotion for KrisFlyer members, this time giving up to a 20,000 Mile bonus.
This offer is very similar to the one that was run during the launch, but it slightly better for those spending larger amounts. This is how it works out:
Spend Between $500-999.99 (USD) and receive 5,000 Bonus Miles
Spend Between $1000-1999.99 (USD) and receive 10,000 Bonus Miles
Spend Over $2000 (USD) and receive 20,000 Bonus Miles
The spend needs to be done by the 31st July 2015, but can be for stays anytime in 2015 so you can book ahead. You need to register for the promotion which you can do so from the promotion page via the link below:
Key Points of the Kaligo Promotion with KrisFlyer
- The spend is done on a cumulative basis – so you don’t need to spend the $2,000 in one go you can spread it throughout the promotion
- The promotion is one per customer, but there is no reason why you couldn’t work it with your partner to get the promotion for both of you for two sets of bonus miles.
- The bonus is given on top of the usual spend so you’ll also earn KrisFlyer miles which can be between 2 and 10 KrisFlyer Miles per $USD.
- You’ll also earn the usual miles for your credit card spend as well, so pick a card with either online or hotel spend bonuses.
- This offer is technically for new customers only, but you could always register with a new email address..
To sign-up to the promotion click on the link below:
Kaligo.com vs Rocketmiles vs Agoda
What’s great about these booking sites is that you can earn miles for any stays that you might have, whether it’s a brand hotel or a boutique. Kaligo.com has a good inventory of hotels (claiming 300,000), certainly more than some of the other sites like Rocketmiles. The earning rates are generally good and they’ve been offering some very generous bonus promotions as they been launching with new airline loyalty programs like Avios and this time around Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer.
You’ll earn more per $ than with sites like Agoda, and the rates are for the most part competitive – as always check out what you can find when booking.
I’ve been seeing some good reviews on frequent flyer forums, even when Kaligo has had problems with bookings etc.
Citibank and Kaligo
Don’t forget that you can earn CitiMiles with Kaligo as well if you are not a collector with KrisFlyer, the rates are better in some cases. There have been a few comments here and elsewhere about whether to go for the KrisFlyer promotion or the Citibank earning rates.
In this promotion if you spend the 2,000 USD amount then you’ll earn the 20,000 Miles bonus as well as the earned miles which will equate to an additional 5,000 Miles (for the hotel bookings themselves) – a total of 25,000. This is at the lowest earning rate of 2 miles for $S1.
For Citibank the maximum (and not always the amount earned) is 10 Miles per $S1 which after spending 2,000 USD you’d earn roughly 25,000 Miles, the same as for the lowest earning rate for KrisFlyer with this promotion.
So therefore as long as the earning rates you get for KrisFlyer are above the 2 Miles per $S1 then you’ll earn more. In addition you’ll also earn additional for spending on your credit card, but you’ll have to use something other than Citibank.
I’ve done reviews for Citibank cards previously which you can check out here:
- Citibank PremierMiles Visa Credit Card
- PremierMiles American Express Credit Card
- Citibank Prestige Credit Card Review
Note that if you select Citibank as your earning preference on Kaligo.com then you won’t get the KrisFlyer bonus.