The recent promotion with Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Kaligo just ended, but they launched a new one with a lower spending requirement, I’ve checked out the details.
This offer is just as generous as the previous ones at a rate of 1,000 bonus KrisFlyer Miles per $100 USD, but it can be useful for those with lower spend requirements, or for those that don’t want to have to make multiple bookings at once.
Spend $300 (USD) and over and get 3,000 Bonus KrisFlyer Miles
The spend needs to be done by the 30th September 2015, but bookings can be for any period up until the end of 2016! So if you have bookings coming you can take advantage of it.
Important Points in the Kaligo Hotels and KrisFlyer Promotion:
- The spend is done on a booking – so if you have a booking that 600 you might want to split it into two to earn 2x the bonus.
- The number of times you use the promotion is unlimited.
- The bonus is given on top of the usual spend so you’ll also earn KrisFlyer miles which can be between 2 and 10 KrisFlyer Miles per $USD.
- You’ll also earn the usual miles for your credit card spend as well, so pick a card with either online or hotel spend bonuses.
- This offer is open to new and existing customers
Make sure you sign-up for the promotion:
Kaligo, Agoda and RocketMiles
These types of booking sites work differently to the usual hotel sites. You’ll earn airline frequent flyer miles (or credit card miles) directly through them. This has a couple of advantages:
- No requirement to be loyal to a hotel program
- Can earn miles for boutique and independent hotels
- Decent earning rates when compared to just handing over your frequent flyer card at the desk.
I’ve used Kaligo a few times now, including for the previous bonus offers. It’s a simple site and where there have been issues the customer service has been good.
The prices available on the site are sometimes higher and lower than other sites and it’s always a good idea to shop around and see what the best offer is for you. I’m able to get more value from my miles than many so I don’t mind so much paying a little more – but consider what you can get yourself.
Kaligo Hotels and Citibank Credit Cards
For those based in Singapore you also have another option for using Kaligo and that’s with its partnership with Citibank and their credit cards.
In some cases the rates are better than through KrisFlyer directly, and you also have the option of transferring those miles to different programs including:
- Asia Miles
- Royal Orchid Plus
- Executive Club
- Infinity MileageLands
- Garuda Frequent Flyer
- Etihad Guest
If you are spending around the $300 mark then you’ll be better as good as or better off in this promotion than with Citibank. If however you are making bookings that are of higher value then you are probably better off going with Citibank.
I’ve got a series of reviews on Citibank cards, and have the first two in this list myself. The Prestige credit card is also one of the highest in Singapore with a bonus sign-up offer:
- Citibank PremierMiles Visa Credit Card
- PremierMiles American Express Credit Card
- Citibank Prestige Credit Card Review
Note that if you select Citibank as your earning preference on Kaligo hotels then you won’t get the KrisFlyer bonus.