Singapore Airlines have launched a new 2016 offer with the potential for 10,000 bonus KrisFlyer Miles with Kaligo.
Kaligo is an online hotel booking site that gives you miles for bookings you make through them. This is another promotion that is targeted a new users for Kaligo. Here are the details:
- Earn 3,000 Bonus Miles on your first booking
- Spend over $1,000 USD and get an additional 7,000 Bonus KrisFlyer Miles.
All bookings need to be made before the 29th February but can be made for bookings throughout the year. Here are the T’s and C’s:
- The spend is done on a cumulative basis – so you don’t need to spend the $1,000 in one go you can spread it throughout the promotion
- The promotion is one per customer, but there is no reason why you couldn’t work it with your partner to get the promotion for both of you for two sets of bonus miles.
- The bonus is given on top of the usual spend so you’ll also earn KrisFlyer miles which can be between 2 and 10 KrisFlyer Miles per $USD.
- You’ll also earn the usual miles for your credit card spend as well, so pick a card with either online or hotel spend bonuses.
- This offer is technically for new customers only, but you could always register with a new email address..
Check out the Kaligo site for the offer:
Kaligo Versus Hotel Chains and Other Online Travel Agents
I’ve used Kaligo extensively over the last year for predominantly when I have stays in locations where my preferred hotel chain doesn’t have a preference. This is one of the main advantages of Kaligo is that if you can’t earn your hotel points you can at least earn miles towards your preferred hotel chain.
In addition Kaligo has a good range of hotels from low to high star levels meaning that you’ll have options no matter where you are going
However Kaligo is often slightly more expensive that the hotel chains and the online travel agents. Of course the difference paid will depend on what you normally are able to get in terms of value for your miles – so be careful and check around please.
Other Options for Earning Miles with Kaligo
Don’t forget that for those based in Singapore you may want to consider earning with Citibank credit cards (Singapore) as the earning rates are usually much better:
Malaysia Airlines Enrich has also joined as a Kaligo partner now so you can earn extra Enrich Miles too.
Have you used Kaligo yet? What do you think?